Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
We are looking for an experience and forward thinking data architect for our Internal Data & Analytics team. This role will work to support our existing data warehouse team on continuous improvement activities as well as drive the architecture and deployment of our modern data and analytics platform as our team engages on projects to support the growing and changing demand of the CDK business.
If you are passionate about data and modern BI, have a strong background in data architecture as well as experience building cloud data infrastructure, let's explore how we can transform our data & analytics culture together.
In this capacity, you would:
Lead the data architecture role for CDK Internal Data & Analytics (IDNA) team while partnering with IT colleagues and internal customers to build and maintain a properly architected and curated data platform meeting the reporting and analytics requirements of the business. Role will operate in a 60-70% architectural lead and oversight capacity with 30-40% technical hands on requirement.
* Analyze source systems and data transformation/integration requirements
* Engage with IT colleagues, and in partnership with lead BA and business stakeholders to identify current and future analytic needs
* Collaborate with CDK R&D, IT, and technical business SMEs to:
* Design foundational cloud data architecture diagram and data flows
* Lead implementation and maintenance of the evolving future state data & analytics platform
* Assist with legacy data warehouse data improvements while helping to identify in place enhancements and opportunities to migrate to go-forward strategy in best service to company objectives
* Represent IDNA in cross-organizational initiatives to drive common strategy where possible
* Perform data profiling, analysis, and inventory of data sources, as needed
* Entity mapping and maintenance of conceptual and logical data models
* Design and document common data ingestion patterns
* Collaborate within Internal Data & Analytics team on BI development & delivery (specifically Tableau, Alteryx, Cognos Analytics)
* Act as a data quality champion with specific consideration for master data management
* Conduct knowledge transfer sessions on designed architecture and data ingestion patterns
* Conduct research, needs assessments, and feasibility studies to identify patterns, provide insights, & align solutions to IT initiatives
* Help define, prioritize, and manage development roadmap specific to data architecture
* Consult on business implications of data, metrics, KPIs & targets
* Create, review and deliver documentation as necessary to support reporting and analysis project work
* Perform market research on data management, reporting and analytic methods and tools to improve service to the customer
We realize that everyone's situation is unique, however our general guidelines for requirements include:
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Hands-on, extensive experience preferably with AWS (or another cloud platform) required
* 10+ years of experience in database/data warehouse technologies and data architecture with proven results implementing for business intelligence and analytics use
* Proven ability to define, document, and articulate a vision, set goals, develop & execute strategies and measure results
* Experience building data pipelines and cloud data architecture, hands on AWS experience strongly preferred.
* Considers SQL a second language
* Can deliver flexible data models with intelligent design while still considering complexity of the corporate data landscape and demand for agility
* Capable of leading best practice development of ETL data pipelines leveraging various tools and services depending on data workflow demands. This may be through ETL tools like Talend or technologies like AWS Glue, AWS Data Pipeline, or Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and scripting for efficiently moving and transforming data
* Experience participating in cross department efforts by communicating and negotiating with multiple teams to accomplish goals
* Experience developing user stories and managing backlogs in an agile software development environment
* Comfortable engaging with global teams including local and Offshore team members
* Ability to problem solve, iteratively & incrementally improving products and processes
* Strong communication skills - can explain, document, and clearly give direction to team members and customers at the appropriate level of detail; Is a good listener and facilitator capable of managing projects
* Possesses these traits:
* Considers data quality, accuracy, and truth in reporting fundamental and critical for success
* Is passionate about data and problem solving and driven to achieve great results for customers
* Aspires to structure data to be consumed easily, perform well, and be highly utilized in increasingly visual and analytic tools and use cases
We are transforming the way we manage our business and our serve our customers. It's an exciting time at CDK Global, and we're actively seeking to hire people who love what they do. If you like what you have heard thus far, we invite you to connect!
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About Cdk Global
CDK Global (Cobalt, Dealer Services, Kerridge) is a company providing dealership management and marketing solutions.