Location: Chicago, Illinois (US-IL) location - must be located near a major airport in US - 75% Travel
Grade Level: GRADE 30
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Sr. Implementation Consultant (IC) is responsible to effectively and efficiently deploy CDK software to our customers working as a key member of the installation team and to train all customers' users either remotely or on-site.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
* Provide technical subject matter expertise by engaging with Client Implementation Manager (CIM) to understand business requirements, identify product and product setup requirements to achieve the agreed contractual aims. This includes verifying that the technical solution sold to the client is installable as sold and providing feedback to the CIM on technical gaps and risks.
* Guide and advise the customer in terms of best practice operational processes and system usage practices to achieve best ROI for the selected product set
* Establish (working with the CIM) the base software installation pack and configure the system to operate as expected.
* Perform system integration testing where necessary to ensure the solution delivers what 's expected by the client
* Manage and execute data migration activities (if required) to ensure the existing customer data is imported, validated and signed off by the customer prior to go-live
* Verify with the client through UAT that the system is configured correctly
* Execute the cut-over to production on the agreed go-live date
* Provide on-site support to end users to guide, advice, train and verify that users are able to undertake their role using the products
* Based on business experience and knowledge make best practice recommendations to the CDK configurations and/or client process to maximize client utilization and business results
* Collaborate with the CIM and Sales to propose additional CDK software and business solutions to the client based on solid knowledge of the clients processes and business requirements
* Escalate to client manager any issues with client engagement during testing and training, or any issues that could derail project success
Qualifications & Job Requirements
* Automotive dealership experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience with executing customer-facing implementation or product delivery projects
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities.
* Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
* Ability to travel 75% of the time
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
* Strong interpersonal soft skills (setting/managing expectations, conflict resolution, etc)
* Ability to consult and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
* Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About CDK Global
CDK Global (Cobalt, Dealer Services, Kerridge) is a company providing dealership management and marketing solutions.