Who You'll Work With
Billions of people are counting on you. Join Cisco to help improve their product experiences! We're looking for great people who thrive on the challenge of building great products. We build a lot of cool stuff! Our products include cloud, social, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, big data, collaboration, customer journey solutions, web, Internet of Things, TelePresence and a lot more.
We're looking for people who will help us build these technologies for the future and, more importantly, define what we should do when they all come together. Bring your knowledge of building great user experiences and take it to a new level as you dive in and help us build the future of communication and collaboration.
Who You Are
* Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations.
* 2+ years of experience designing user interfaces for applications.
* Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, or related field.
* Creative problem solving skills.
* Passion for delivering a quality product, all the way to our end users.
* Strong sense of teamwork and excellent people skills.
* Self-motivated and highly ambitious.
* Strong written and verbal communication.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals.
* Prototyping skills is a plus.
What You'll Do
* Produce clear, user-centric design across desktop, web, mobile, and hardware endpoints.
* Contribute to all aspects of design including need-finding, user research, conceptualization, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support.
* Work closely with Product Managers, Architects, and various stakeholders to help define project approach and user experience strategy
* Partner closely with engineering and product management to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics.
* Conduct user research and/or work with user researchers to design, observe, and analyze field studies.
* Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing products.
* Set conceptual design and suggest product direction based on field research and functional requirements.
* Define the user interaction model and workflows.
* Work with visual designers to refine the interactive experience and produce designs consistent with Cisco's brand and Design system.
* Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to high-fidelity designs (using Sketch, Keynote or equivalent tools) that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to ensure user success.
* Develop User Interface Specifications and Guidelines.
* Work closely with (local and remote) engineers to implement and deliver the final product.
* Facilitate project communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco is a company that manufactures and distributes Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and other products.