* Selected applications must be a US Citizen and must be able to commute daily into New York City*
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our SLED East NYC customers!
This position requires a motivated, experienced Services Consulting Engineer (SCE) to support Network Optimization and Security, services and implementations in a large strategic enterprise organization and experience working with SLED customers. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. SCEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a critical, visible contributor to the Cisco/Client team. A seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team as trusted advisors with our SLED customers.
As a Services Consulting Engineer who specializes in Cisco Security solutions, you will support the SLED customers through the development of complex designs, implementation support of Cisco leading edge technologies, and delivery of optimization services to some of Cisco's largest customers in the United States. On-site support for key customers may be required up to 5 days a week.
Who You'll Work With
The SLED East team consist of Services Consulting Engineers, that design, architect and support work on critical SLED customer owned networks with leading edge Cisco solutions. This team is leading the way in providing proactive foundational engineering and operations support to customers that expects their networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions, and assisting them in navigating through proof of concept and introduction of the same. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We are strongly focused on continuous development and training on new products/technologies that keep us in a leading position as industry service consulting leaders.
As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact on the success of SLED East customers. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
The candidate has 10+ years of experience as a network engineer supporting Cisco Core technologies/products in large scale enterprise environments, with a deep understanding of Security technologies including various Cisco components (ISE, FirePower, AMP, SourceFire, StealthWatch, ASAs, etc.), that can deliver these capabilities. Large scale enterprise design and deployment experience is desired as is a CCIE. The candidate must be willing to travel to NYC and spend time onsite at customer's location.
Must Have Skills:
* Ability to lead, articulate a vision, influence and guide teams in dynamic strategic environments through design, deployment, analysis and troubleshooting of complex networks.
* Capability to evaluate risks, anticipate issues and proactively collaborate and lead resolution
* Significant experience with end to end architecture/design work as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems
* Strong communication, consulting and customer relationship building skills with ability to work autonomously and thrive in a transformational environment
* Expertise in Security
* Security CCIE preferred
* In-depth knowledge of designing complex security solutions
* Be able to provide ongoing technical representation in regularly scheduled conference calls and provide technical input to quarterly/joint business reviews
* Be able to provide trend analysis for hardware incidents and software defects and submit recommendations for resolution
* Engage cross-functional Cisco resources to ensure comprehensive, coordinated, and unified support experience
* Develop internal relationships with the Cisco Business Units and Development Engineers to further customer specific issues
* Drive continuous service improvement in both Cisco and customer operations thru leadership and influence
* Ability to travel to NYC and spend time on customer sites
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.