Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki's Dashboard. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation And Tools - Dashboard, you will be the start of a newly forming testing team. At first your duties will be very hands on, with a bit of testing evangelism thrown in. As we realize our intention to make Meraki's dashboard as reliable as it is delightful, your team will grow. With this growth comes the potential to grow with it and lead the team.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business.
A Day In The Life Of A Test Automation Engineer:
On some days, you may be designing a testbed from the ground up that has the ability to change network topologies on the fly. On other days you may be teaching other teams about new ways to test their code. You will have the autonomy to craft and implement a solution as well as the knowledge and experience of team members to help you along the way.
In addition to software testing, you may have a chance to work on our latest hardware appliances from an early phase of development. You will get to learn some of the cool technologies inside the box. Through testing you will gain firsthand knowledge about the performance and be able to guide the team in improving the quality before we release the product.
Potential Projects Include:
* Build and deploy an integration test system
* Get code coverage tools working and a way to assign missing tests to teams * Research and propose improvements to how we measure test coverage
* Build SLAs for test-pass rates that are dependent on the importance of various tests (e.g. system, critical, etc) * Administer and scale the testing infrastructure (Teamcity) * Build integration with code deployment * Build additional monitoring around test runs * Consult on building test plans * Advocate for testing best practices across teams and disciplines * Mentor and train other engineers on how to write quality tests and improve existing ones
You Ma Be A Great Fit If You:
* Have 5+ years of strong scripting experience using dynamic languages like Ruby and Python * 7+ years of experience in Test Development and/or Test Automation roles * Proven to be a great technical communicator
* Are opinionated on testing frameworks and can back them up with words and code * You use data and metrics to inform decisions
* Enjoy on-boarding new team members, mentoring, and teaching others
* Have in-depth of knowledge and experience with automation platforms like Jenkins
* Are able to weigh technical trade-offs against business goals * You know your way around a Unix command line * Hold deep technical curiosity * You are an enthusiastic advocate for testing best practices
Bonus Points If You Have Experience With:
* TeamCity and/or Jenkins
* Docker and/or other container technologies * Rails * Postgres or other RDBMS * testing React
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.