"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is looking for a UI/UX Analyst to provide onsite support in Alexandria, VA and Herndon, VA.
* As part of an Agile software development team, analyze user behaviors and translate user requirements into interactive wireframes using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools.
* Interact with multiple application teams and clients to understand and support the implementation of requirements.
* Ensure intuitive design is applied to the wireframes and is successfully implemented by the development team, including reviews of developed screens in the test environment.
* Manage and support user feedback activities, including usability testing, surveys, card sorting, and interviews for various systems and create and update wireframes based on user story acceptance criteria, including style specifications, as needed.
* Present output, trends, and recommendations from user feedback activities to the client.
* Contribute to content for UX standards and style guides.
* Ensure all wireframes and developed screens are following Enterprise UX standards and work to add to those standards in cases where none yet exist.
* Analyze Web analytics data to assess system usage, identify user behavioral patterns, and recommend improvements to current interactions.
* BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certifications.
* 3 years of experience with Usability, Graphics Design, Information Science, or professional expertise in the field of interface design and development
* 3 years of experience with providing design support for Web and print
* Experience with delivering high-impact graphics design products, including Web sites, Web applications, mobile applications, brand strategy, and logo and print design in government and commercial sectors
* Experience with creating and documenting information design concepts and solutions by various means, including wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, or task flow diagrams
* Proficiency in Axure to develop wireframes and high fidelity prototypes
* Knowledge of design principles, Web-based technologies, and print design techniques and HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Accessibility Best Practices, and Responsive Design
* Knowledge of creating, managing, and supporting user experience and feedback activities including usability testing
* Ability to interpret oral and written descriptions (e.g. user stories) and convert them into visual and graphics representations, including Web sites, print materials, and logos
* Experience working in Agile team
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* BA or BS degree required
* Must be willing to commute to client office in Alexandria
* Must be willing to commute to ad-hoc team meetings (Herndon, Alexandria areas) as needed
* Ability to prioritize issues, meet deadlines, and balance speed and quality successfully to ensure the best user experience
* Possession of excellent analytical skills regarding the observation of user behavior and industry best practices
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.