"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a Records & Information Management in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
* Serves as the direct contractor support to the Chief Records Officer; responsible for leading, planning and managing the records management program for both scheduled and non-scheduled records, regardless of medium or format.
* Serves as the technical expert on agency-wide electronic and non-electronic records management issues. As such, is the Advisor to the Program Manager and the program staff on adequacy of documentation and creation and management of records, keeping Integrated Product Team members informed on current and projected records management requirements, issues, legislative, and regulatory matters
* Works closely and proactively to ensure that records/information assets are managed to ensure Government accountability, protect the interests of the public, and mitigate records-related litigation risks.
* Conducts periodic internal reviews of files to ensure compliance to policy and best-practices.
* Leads the transformation of agency records management processes within the Program to address the challenges posed by electronic records.
* Participates in Department/Agency capital planning process for concerning all major information systems to ensure that records management functionality appropriate to the records/information assets they support is included in system design.
* Advises the Program on metadata requirements necessary to achieve this functionality.
* Interprets, formulates, and implements records management to ensure compliance with client's policy and guidance for record-keeping in accordance with Department/Agency strategic plan; Congressional mandates for all electronic and non-electronic records; National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regulations, standards and guidance; and appropriate national and international professional records/information management standards.
* Plans, organizes, directs, reviews, coordinates, and establishes controls for all records management activities.
* Ensures that Program personnel are knowledgeable and kept current about records management principles and requirements, and that they receive records management training appropriate to their needs.
* Develops and maintains the Records Schedule for program documents and records created by the systems. Ensures records are maintained in accordance with the Records Schedule. Updates the Records Schedule as required to comply with changes in policy and regulations
* Coordinates the archiving of records as required.
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus six (6) to nine (9) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
* 3-5 years' experience in federal Records and Information management.
* Knowledgeable in Federal records management regulations/policy.
* Skilled in file archive and collaborative tools management.
* Ability to review files for content/determination of file classification into scheduled/non-scheduled records and program artifacts, and manage disposition accordingly.
* Ability to work with others to establish and sustain a disciplined effort for program records and artifacts management.
* This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective decision-making.
* Requires a detail-oriented self-starter experienced in supporting senior Government leaders and other technical/business professionals.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and SharePoint are required. Superior customer interface at senior levels of management with excellent oral and written communication skills are critical.
* Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
* Federal Records Management Certificate (NARA Certificate)
* Business Strategy experience
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.