"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking an IT Cloud Engineer in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
* Provide wide range direct support of the project team and DHS client to analyze project needs, design, build, configure, test, install software and patches, manage and support all aspects and components of the application development, test and production environments for the ISDEP platform in an AWS Cloud environment.
* Analyze the business, technical, functional, performance and infrastructure requirements needed to access and process large amounts of project data
* Work in an Agile development and operations environment and provide performance estimates to meet the User Story and development design requirements, and will be instrumental in designing and documenting the project infrastructure roadmap.
* Develop and produce AWS Architecture drawings using a tool such as Visio or LucidChart using AWS standard architecture notations.
* Ensure that all data and ISDEP processes are properly documented, and support the creation, presentation, review and approval of all ISDEP related deliverables as required by the DHS SDLC.
* Establish the infrastructure and processes needed for a new project in the AWS Cloud environment, and full life cycle project support to include planning, designing, building and supporting multiple application development and test environments.
* Ensure the proper documentation and execution of infrastructure procedures, testing and recording results, documenting and debugging test anomalies, issues and defects, and subsequent re-testing and verification through to production migration and verification, and finally, ongoing operations and maintenance.
* Work in a small team of admin, dba and configuration management staff in a fast-paced and dynamic DevOps environment.
* Identify and mitigate risks leveraging DHS Security procedures, and a sufficiently technical background to help solve complex problems, or in support of complex information systems development/support efforts.
* Provide in-depth domain expertise and promote AWS Cloud best practices to project technical staff and/or DHS client management and staff, and will collaborate with DHS client technical infrastructure staff to ensure the project environments meet DHS infrastructure and SDLC requirements.
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
* Obtain AWS Certification for AWS Certified Solutions Architect within 180 days of start.
* Experience provisioning and migrating data and applications to AWS environments.
* Familiarity with Federal Government IT processes, regulations, and current IT cloud initiatives.
* Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
* AWS Solutions Architect Certification.
* Expertise in current Intelligence Community (IC) Cloud environments.
* Experience operating in and managing cloud DevOps environments.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.