"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a full time Chief Architect to provide full time, onsite support to a Federal client located in Alexandria, VA. We are in search of an effective and innovative individual to join our team, whose goal is to assist the agency in furthering their strategic mission, maintaining their IT enterprise and infrastructure, and supporting modernization of their platform and services, while providing excellent levels of customer service.
As a Chief Architect with Jacobs, you will be responsible for:
* Developing and analyze architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines
* Developing architectural strategies and plans relating to IT systems and infrastructure designs
* Researching and making recommendations on potential selections of new IT technologies relating to data processing, storage, access, applications management and development
* Recommending standards for the client and server relational database structure for the organization (e.g., SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, and others)
* Advising the contractor and government team, as well as stakeholders, on the feasibility of future potential projects and IT strategies to advance the customer's IT enterprise and mission
* BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience. Require demonstrated technical expertise in computer system applications.
Demonstrated ability to perform the following:
* Support digital/legacy transformation, including analyzing and replacing legacy systems
* Demonstrated understanding of strategic issues, and is an authority on the systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support
* Detailed practical knowledge of the organization's IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques
* Can effectively articulate the architecture to technical and business audiences
* Able to envision the business potential of emerging technologies and products, and understand both developer trends and emerging technologies
* Sound knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) and Continuous Deployment tools and techniques; can ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture designs and tool/vendor selections facilitate and/or support these techniques
* Support Change Control Boards (e.g., Requests for Change and Requests for Release) and Engineering Review Boards (e.g., introduction of new products, technologies or tools into customer's environment)
* One or more enterprise architect or solutions architect certification (for example, in one or more architectural frameworks (for example, Zackman, ASW, SAFe, etc.)
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.