Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29991
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: e. No Selection
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Capital Group is looking to hire a Collaboration Engineer. You will be a key member under general supervision who will directly contribute to the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of Collaboration technologies that support business functions. The Engineer will be part of the Collaboration Infrastructure Engineering Team and work closely with more senior engineers to assist in the engineering of IT solutions. This individual plays a leadership role in operational support of IT systems by applying proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve normal and complex issues in order to minimize outage and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This individual will contribute in the future state and direction of Content Management as well as other Collaboration technologies while ensuring the current platforms health and stability.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
Works closely with more senior engineers to assist in the design of the solution and to define operational and support requirements.
* Participates in validation of operational readiness of solution through documentation, training, monitoring, etc.
* Adheres to rigorous release and change management processes.
* Monitors against operating baseline (e.g. performance and capacity) to assure product stability and resiliency.
* Maintains continued solution quality by developing or recommending operational stability enhancements
* Extends code, fix low impact bugs and independently works within an existing structure.
* Automates manual processes through the use of standard tools.
* Suggests metrics (capacity, performance…) to maintain the health of a solution.
* Establishes overall health of a service by evaluating primary and secondary health markers and determines root causes and performs advanced trouble shooting of incidents on medium complexity solutions within the domain.
* Utilizes mature investigative approaches such as: chronology, correlation, knowledge of limitations of current version to troubleshoot to perform root cause analyses.
* Participates in and may recommend continuous Improvement and operations excellence efforts
* Maintains/updates operational procedures and documentation.
* Collects and reports incident trends to help prioritize improvement opportunities.
* Broad technical aptitude and knowledge.
* Experience with Content, Print and Collaboration technologies a plus.
* Solid understanding of the engineering discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
* Linux and Oracle experience highly desirable
Working Conditions: May be required to work outside of normal business hours and participate in an on-call support rotation
Company: CGCG-US (504)
Recruiter: Joel Brewer
Covered/Personal Securities: Yes
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, Linux, Technology
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.