Technical Project Managers are a part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with Akamai's clients to deliver stellar solutions. TPMs lead and manage the integration of customers' web sites with the Akamai platform. They are involved early in the pre-sales cycle through implementation and customer sign-off. TPMs must have a full understanding of development methodologies, consulting best practices, and common web and application architectures. This position requires a strong technical background, excellent client and project management skills, proven ability to perform hands on technical work when needed, and ability to lead projects and global teams.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers to evaluate their web architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating the customer's' content management and publishing processes, web application architecture, security requirements, DNS configurations, and provide detailed documentation for a custom solution that satisfies the customer's' business and technical requirements.
* Work closely with customers and pre-sales teams to manage and implement customer trials, propose technically feasible solutions and set accurate expectations on effort and timelines for integration. Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the customer for all technical issues and project deliverables.
* Create and manage to proposals, Statements of Work and detailed project plans for customer integrations including timelines and effort estimates.
* Work closely with Account Management, Sales professionals, engineering, product development and Technical Support to resolve issues that arise during customer trials or integrations.
* Identify new product features and additional sales opportunities during trials and integrations and communication of the same to product development and sales teams.
* Track and document status and time spent on customer integrations.
* Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improving our methodology and quality of integrations.
* Review quality of customer integrations.
* Minimal travel to supported customer's offices when necessary (~10% travel).
About the Team
The Media Services team is an experienced group of industry experts and Internet technologists working with the top Media, Publishing, Gaming, and Broadcasting & Distribution companies. Having joined Akamai from a range of backgrounds, they engage with our customers to design and build quality solutions, consult on industry best practices, support large live streaming events, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
Required Education and Experience
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, another related field or its equivalent.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a customer-facing environment in the information technology industry
* Minimum 2 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services
* Minimum 2 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Implementation experience delivering streaming technologies (HTTP-based streaming (HLS, HDS, Smooth, DASH), Adobe Flash, etc.) in the enterprise or B2C space, including content preparation (encoding, transcoding, packaging), server technologies, client and server playlists/metafiles, custom media player creation, DRM, ad insertion, OTT/subscription services, or pay-per-view
* Project lead experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects for Fortune 500 customers; experience working on and managing enterprise scale IT projects or equivalent experience
* A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and passion for excellence
* Experience in a customer-facing role requiring high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment and large enterprise account management, where an aptitude for improving customer satisfaction was successfully demonstrated
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.