We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will work on delivering exceptional functionality to Akamai customers. The person in this role will be working on developing the next generation of cloud security products and monitoring/alerting systems. Join a fast-paced team in Akamai's Security Unit charged with protecting the largest brands against the unpredictable landscape of evolving botnets and malware.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Building highly scalable and resilient security solutions to protect Akamai customers against bot attacks
* Collaborating with other development teams, supporting staff and subject matter experts in all phases of development
* Troubleshooting bot detection algorithms and suggesting enhancements
* On-going monitoring and measuring of the effectiveness of security measures
About the Team
Our software underpins the Security Organization and its portfolio of solutions that constitute Akamai's Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Kona DDoS Defender, Bot Manager, Web Application Protector and Site Shield. These provide distributed protection from both DDoS and application-specific web attacks with on-demand scalability.
Akamai's global footprint of over 100,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. The team builds and extends Akamai's highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value websites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in annual revenue.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree
* 5+ years of experience with Python or Java and SQL/XML
* 3+ years of experience with shell scripting
* 3+ years of experience working with core Internet technologies such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and routing
* Strong experience working with Python, SQL and XML
* Good understanding of browser idiosyncrasies and their version histories
* Knowledge of integrating such sites with CDNs or cloud solutions
* Knowledge of other misc. "middleware" like NAT proxies, security gateways, or A/B testing solutions sitting in between a CDN and origin
* Experience and familiarity in web security (XSS, XSRF, SQLi, XMLi, Cookie replay, CORS, etc.)
* Understanding of botnets and current malware techniques, trends, behaviors, etc.
* Ability to create bash, python, or other unix flavored scripts for generating automated analysis and stats, deployment automation, testing, etc.
* Familiarity with command line tools like curl, sed, awk
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.