About the JobThe Engineering Learning (EngLearn) team has an opportunity for an individual with instructional design experience and the passion to deliver impactful learning content for a technical audience at a global scale. In this role, you will collaborate with other team members to develop solutions that meet the requirements of the business and provide value to Akamai's engineering audience. You will plan, analyze, design, develop, curate, deploy, and evaluate technical content and learning materials to promote continuous education within the Akamai Engineering community.
About the Team
The Engineering Learning team delivers learning solutions that promote growth and collaboration of the Akamai engineering community. We assist our engineering partners in content development and knowledge transfer by providing a structured framework of training processes and tools to address the needs of our technical staff world-wide. We are diverse team with a variety of skills such as technical writing, technical editing, communications, content curation, instructional design, technical training, event planning, training coordination, and videography. We focus on collaboration and cooperation to deliver services and products for the Akamai engineering organization.
* Work collaboratively with the EngLearn team and across Akamai Engineering organizations. * Work on large-scale, highly visible programs with complex, multi-deliverable projects. * Set, manage, and meet expectations and commitments for quality, scope, delivery and deadlines. * Provide consultative services to engineering audience.
* Assess and interpret the Engineering Organization needs and requirements. * Collaborate with team members (who bring various functional expertise) to identify and innovate technical content development and instructional design strategies that provide the best possible learning and knowledge-sharing experiences for Akamai. * Creatively use instructional design, learning theories and appropriate technologies to enhance learning transfer and engage learners. * Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design. * Facilitate design sessions with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and project teams. * Provide instructional design feedback. * Help translate requests into solutions and concepts into practice. * Identify solutions to non-standard requests or problems. * Manage content review process, validating learning objectives and course effectiveness. * Develop subject matter expertise in assigned technical area and maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of subject matter.
* Curate existing technical content to support knowledge-sharing and learning by assessing, analyzing, recommending, and driving implementation for improving accessibility, organization, and usability. * Identify content gaps and low performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. * Combine a deep understanding of the engineering content and how people find, consume, and digest existing content to shape the resulting content architecture for a specific technology, concept, process or given subject matter area. * Leverage the centralized location (EngLearn Confluence space) for accessing content. * Implement standard process for developing new content and revising existing content. * Define, document, and maintain guidelines for content and metadata.
* Implement consultative approach to developing content, partnering with stakeholders, subject matter experts, managers, and individual contributors to design and develop content that meets requirements with a focus on achieving the business goals. * Embody a can-do attitude and practice creative problem-solving. * Ask important questions that no one else does * Share knowledge and experience through formal or informal mentoring of EngLearn team members, providing insights, recommendations, and coaching.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of instructional design experience with a BS/BA Degree or 3 years of experience with an advanced degree * Minimum of 3 years of overall experience in an Engineering organization. * 3 years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering training solutions in large organizations
* Experience working with Learning Management Systems. * Experience with Articulate Suite or equivalent. * Relevant certifications and/or associations are desired but not required * Concrete knowledge of Instructional Design theories and practices * Self-starter with confidence and initiative. * Experience applying adult learning principles as well as the ability to recognize and adapt to different learning styles. * Familiarity with software development, coding, and scripting. * Experience conducting needs assessment and analysis. * Strong facilitation skills * Strong interpersonal business skills to build and maintain effective relationships, influencing internal customers, managing stakeholder expectations and networking. * Superior time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision. * Ability to work cooperatively with all levels in the organization, think quickly on your feet, and work effectively as part of a positive, high-performing team. * Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well and doing what it takes to deliver reliable results.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.