We are seeking an outstanding Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET II) to be part of the Luna Engineering team. You will be part of a scrum team and work closely with them to support good quality practices and build integration and system tests, both manual and automated. The goal is to ensure quality code releases that are highly resilient, scalable, and performing optimally on our state-of-the-art distributed infrastructure.
* Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in high quality software engineering and instills these values in others.
* Focused on delivering value to the business; a persistent and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar.
* A proponent of strong, collaborative, quality software engineering techniques and methods: DevOps, Agile development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing Approaches.
* Work closely with developers to create test strategy, white/black box test cases independently while leveraging functional specifications, design documents and use cases.
* Automate test scripts that cover basic functional testing for a feature; demonstrate ability to harness automation framework written in Java; design automation code with efficiency and time in mind.
* Design automation with mindful of sharing the code in the automation framework for community of testers to leverage.
* Participate in Design reviews.
* Adopts software development best practices such as code promotion guidelines, unit test coverage focused towards defect prevention
* Manages testing effort effectively within projected timelines and communicates testing status.
* Manages performance testing of multiple components; Avoid basic performance pitfalls and stability issues when implementing parallel or concurrent thread or multiple connections logics.
About the Team
Luna Control Center is Akamai's integrated web interface into products, services, and platform. This is our customer's doorway/connection to all things Akamai, allowing them to manage and monitor their Akamai products, interact with professional services and support staff, or integrate Akamai data into their environments.
Working with this team will give you a unique chance to experience the edge - Akamai is the edge. And edge is the next frontier of digital business. It's where users connect, where digital life is experienced, where clouds, devices and vast streams of data come together.
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree Computer Science
* 3+ years of relevant experience as an SDET or Software Quality Engineer
* 3+ years of experience in Object Oriented Programing, Data Structures and Algorithms
* 2+ years of experience with testing Rest APIs
* Understanding of software engineering and networking principles.
* Familiar with basic performance test and benchmarking concepts.
* Good communications skills, and attention to details
* Experience with applications running in a micro-service/containerized environment
* Comfortable working with and testing Linux based Operating Systems
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.