JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
McKesson Pharmacy Systems is seeking a high performing Technical Lead to join our growing EnterpriseRx Software Development team as we are adding an entire new Scrum team to our department! MPS offers an array of integrated pharmacy software solutions for the health care industry. Our systems are used to manage thousands of pharmacies nationwide within the independent, chain, and hospital market segments. At McKesson, our core values are the foundation of everything that we do. We strive for excellence and challenge each other to raise the bar. We offer an invigorating blend of challenge and opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative work environment. At MPS, we actively work with you to invest in your professional development. Located in Moon Township, PA, MPS is a business unit of McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK), which is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
If you have a passion for engineering software and a track record for leading high performing technical teams, we are interested in you. We are seeking a technical leader that will inspire our teams to achieve fantastic results. . As a contributor within the EnterpriseRx research and development (R&D) team, you will work in a collaborative and highly skilled Agile team. EnterpriseRx® is an enterprise class software solution that manages pharmacy workflow activities and increases revenue into pharmacies.
* Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
* Energetic, passionate and creative technical leader who values people, relationships, and performance
* Positively contributes to building a great culture
* Experience working in a commercial software development team
* Experience with developing and designing software applications
* Know the 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto. Experience working in a software development team with those first. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe experience afterwards is a plus.
* Hunger for personal and professional growth; as an individual and as an organization
* Proven ability to drive activities to closure while pursuing excellence
* Respects, then questions the status quo looking for opportunities to continually improve
* Innovative mindset that seeks to exceed expectations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Leading a diverse technical team to deliver high quality software that exceeds customer expectations
* Analyze business problems to design innovative solutions and/or implement complex code changes for specific requirements or applications
* Serve as a technical expert on multiple areas or more complex areas of the application/product
* Lead design discussions and serves as technical lead for development across one or more applications or functional areas within a product
* Perform code reviews and analysis
* Mentor less seasoned team members
* Assisting Customer Operations and customers with software issues
* Participating in technical design and code reviews
* Developing and executing unit tests
* Growing the core values based culture within the R&D organization
* Understanding the retail pharmacy and clinical services domain, and learning how customers use McKesson products to manage their business
* Communicating complex topics to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers
* Championing continuous improvement and promoting software development best practices across teams.
* 0-25% travel
* Expertise with Object-Oriented development (Java preferred)
* Extensive experience with relational databases (such as Oracle) and Structured Query Language (SQL)
6+ years' experience in software engineering
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.