McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
We are seeking a System Architect to join our team!
This role is responsible for designing and implementing short and long term strategic goals and maintaining systems and software supporting enterprise advanced analytic needs.
* Own the technical architecture for the McKesson Insights Marketplace; set the definition of primary system intent, subsystems, and interfaces and allocate function to subsystems/teams
* Ensure architecture is in alignment with McKesson standards
* Work with technical teams to pilot insights marketplace approach and coordinate with appropriate technical resources
* Collaborate with scrum teams as they are stood up to ensure they are set for successful local decision making on design and architecture
* Interface with the Enterprise Architecture Board and other technical approval bodies
* Act as collaborator with the ISRM team to help align the ISRM and other technology teams for needs related to data access management, data strategies and platforms, to drive digital transformation and meet business objectives
* The candidate will have a deep background in infrastructure, application, cloud, and mobile architecture
* Act as collaborator and communicator to help align the business and technology teams in a common vision for their data strategies and platforms, to drive digital transformation and meet business objectives.
Typically has 10+ years relevant experience
* 8+ years of management experience
* 8+ years of experience in architecting & designing data and analytics solutions
* Previous positions showing strong leadership and communication skills with leadership of business and technology units
* Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans
* Extensive experience in system and network creation and development
* Solid understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices
* Above-average analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
* Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
* Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers
* Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
* Familiarity and expertise in a variety of programs
* Business experience related to technical implementations
* Deep knowledge of data architecture, with an understanding of data structure, accuracy, accessibility, security, reliability and availability
* Technical implementation knowledge with ability to understand business cases and structure and manage teams to deliver relevant solutions
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Ability to build and manage high-performing teams
* Business acumen with an ability to identify how data can be leveraged to address McKesson business opportunities
* Experience leading teams in an agile framework, ideally SAFe
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.