This role is responsible for supporting a myriad of services and expertise. Can understand and incorporate the requirements of the business into technology solutions for data analysis. Supports healthcare data initiatives by providing accurate and timely data programming, data manipulation, data analysis and reporting, as well as, quality assurance. This person will be expected to validate data, perform analysis, and develop technical specifications. They will support, maintain, and develop software using a variety of different tools, including Java EE, Oracle, GWT, and different automation tools.
* 4+ years' experience in clinical/healthcare field, computer applications, or data analysis.
* Obtains and analyzes raw data from multiple sources to perform core job duties and to answer questions posed by internal / external customers.
* Develops SAS, PL-SQL, PYTHON or R scripts to automate routine activities, create models for predictive analytics and reporting
* Performs duties to support data analysis and manipulation, reporting, and automation.
* Performs quality assurance tasks when needed.
* Writes functional and technical specifications.
* Validates business rules are implemented according to specification.
* Coordinates the implementation of logic and business rules into several platforms.
* Proven experience as a Healthcare Data Analyst (Electronic health Records Systems)
* Experience in data analysis and visualization methods
* Understanding of healthcare procedures
* Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) frameworks
* Proficient in SQL and analysis tools (e.g. SAS, Toad)
* Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data management systems
* Excellent analytical and communication skills
* Outstanding organizational and problem-solving aptitude
* Intermediate SAS experience required
* Tableau or other Business Intelligence software experience preferred
* Collaborates with multi-functional teams across the enterprise and within department to develop solutions.
* Actively participates and/or leads teams including delegating work, establishing deadlines, and following up on assignments
* Identifies opportunities to create and manage processes, as well as, develop strategies to address complex data analyses and reporting requirements.
BSc/BA in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.