As Airbnb continues to expand our business globally, we are always looking for the best and brightest to build our financial systems infrastructure. The Technical Lead, Finance Systems is a key member of the Finance Technology Team and will predominantly support our global finance and accounting functions across multiple domains.
The Finance Technology Team are committed to delivering an unparalleled experience that enables our business partners to rapidly realize the value of information systems and processes while ensuring financial integrity. We accelerate operational innovation and deliver solutions that scale in support of one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
As a Technical Lead Finance Systems, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of Airbnb Finance Eco Systems which spreads across various heterogeneous systems of Oracle PAAS, SAAS and HDFS with integration platforms such as MuleSoft. As a platform service, Airbnb's volumes are exponential and you will be constantly challenged with performance and SLAs for each process.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience.
* A skilled developer with prior experience building Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions, including Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate
* Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
* Basic understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
* Ability to task manage and communicate effectively with project staff
* Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
* Experience coordinating the activities of multiple teams supporting project reviews
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
* Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
* Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, etc.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture & serverless development
* Experience with web and database and batch development experience using Java (3 years)
* Experience in developing with the full software development life cycle
* Demonstrable proficiency in designing Mule components (Mule ESB v3.0 and above, Anypoint Studio, flows, MEL, message modelling, Pub-Sub, Routing, Filtering, Database, Exception Handling, API Management).
* Has architect experience for atleast 2 years. Hands-on experience on MuleSoft API Management
* High proficiency in data-mapper, Anypoint Connectors for business applications, Java & groovy (Components and Transformers), flow and java debug.
* Has designed complex scenarios using a variety of standard and custom functionalities.
* Basic understanding of Redhat Fuse ESB and ESB products Understanding of advanced features such as ApiKit, Batch Execute and AMQP connectors.
* Experience in source control management using GIT or GIT based tools Proficiency in end to end development from build to packaging and deployment.
* Good understanding of underlying Mule ESB architecture with experience of administration (server and MMC console).
* Experience in Maven based project development and testing automation of mule flows. An understanding and experience of JMS (Java Messaging Services).
* Good understanding of XML and XML schemas (structure, simple & complex data types, cardinality, nesting etc.) plus experience of XML editing tools (e.g. Altova XMLSpy) and ability to use XSLT.
* Proficiency in medium to complex XML schema and XSLT design and maintenance.
* Good understanding of JSON and JSON schemas
* Experience with capacity planning, scalability, performance, load testing Understanding of and ability to invoke web services - REST (with RAML or JSON/XML), ODATA, SOAP (with WSDL). Ability to debug using tools like SOAPUI.
* Proficiency in web service design using RAML, WSDLs, ODATA and ATOM. Ability to debug using tools like SOAPUI.
* Experience of Unix based operating systems: AIX, Linux.
* Experience of database access protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, SQL, ORACLE. Certifications e.g. Certified MuleSoft Developer
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.