What is the Homes team at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb's core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is Data Architecture at Airbnb?
We process petabytes of data every day. This data is used to power our Machine Learning systems, business critical metrics and analytics used to power our decision making. We are looking for a talented leader that can help us design the next generation data architecture for the data powering the Homes business. We are looking for individuals who can bring in rigor and software engineering best practices into building business critical data pipelines.
* Transform our data architecture for massive scale and high performance.
* Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Airbnb business growth and improve the product experience.
* Help evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
* Design the architecture and schemas for the tables and be the technical lead for architecting it to be extendable, testable, maintainable and debuggable.
* Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
* Understand logging and how it impacts rest of our data flow, architect logging best practices where needed.
* 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience.
* Working with data at the petabyte scale.
* Experience designing, building and operating robust distributed systems.
* Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
* Effectively work across team boundaries to establish overarching data architecture, and provide guidance to individual teams.
* Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
* Experience with Java / Scala is preferred, deep knowledge of Spark a plus.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness Discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter Subsidies
* Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Much more…
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.