What you'll be doing...
Perform as a Subject Matter Expert (involving pre-sales, design, configuration, application, network integration and troubleshooting) with ACME Packet/Oracle & Cisco CUBE Session Border Controllers (SBC's) and Verizon Field Trials.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Design, configure and care for the network integration and troubleshooting of Session Border Controllers (SBC's) for external enterprise customers.
* Act as a technical consultant/trusted adviser to internal & external customers.
* Articulate technical details to meet the needs of the intended audience.
* Stay up to date on new and developing technology, responsible for integrating SIP from various carriers into customer enterprise environments.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of Session Border Controllers (Oracle/Acme Packet, Cisco CUBE) and SIP.
* Willingness to work in a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as necessary to support customer needs.
* Willingness to travel as necessary to support pre/post-sale customer projects
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of the various SIP implementations set forth in IETF guidelines.
* Knowledge of call control systems such as Avaya, Cisco and Lync.
* Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Capability to design, implement and troubleshoot Verizon-sold solutions with Verizon partners.
* Willingness to support presales opportunities.
* Willing to collaborate and lead discussions around all aspects of solution delivery.
* Fiveor more years of experience:
* Verizon SIP offerings for both enterprise and call center inbound and outbound calling.
* Integrating carrier SIP offering to enterprise telephone equipment.
* Integrating carrier SIP offerings to Cisco Session Manager Enterprise and Cisco Unified SIP Proxy.
* Configuring Oracle/Acme Packet, Cisco CUBE to integrate into enterprise environments. Contact center experience.
* Troubleshooting SIP integration errors.
* Two or more years of experience:
* Using SIP Refer for carrier take back and transfer.
* Network capture tools.
* FTP tools.
* Putty or other SSH tools.
* Syslog, SNMP, and Radius or other authentication server.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.