What you'll be doing...
We are seeking a Senior Manager to lead Verizon's API Management Platforms. You will be responsible for establishing the strategy, the roadmap, managing the design of and enhancing the technical platforms and solutions for API related capabilities across the enterprise including Gateways and API Management.
You will also lead the delivery of API projects working with technical and business team members to ensure developments support the business and IT strategic plan. This position fosters API adoption across the enterprise.
* Build, Manage and Evolve the Apigee API Management Platform to maintain operational SLAs and meet the needs of the enterprise and developer community
* Lead multiple cross-functional teams in developing API applications across a variety of channels
* Partner with stakeholders across the business to help define platform direction, provide thought leadership on maturing API adoption and create best of breed customer experiences
* Guide and motivate talented engineers who enjoy creating API solutions and thrive in fast paced environments
* Set clear, specific and measurable goals for the team and drive with a bias to exceed customer expectations
* Rationalize enterprise API management platforms
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Leadership experience managing several software development teams concurrently with multi-disciplinary responsibilities including program/project management and QA
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and analytical and research skills with ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
* Creative and self-motivated strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence and collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders
* Ability to represent Verizon with external partners and technology companies with a bias towards delivering business results
* Team player with high standards and a passion for hiring and retaining the best engineering talent
* Commitment to software practices of continuous integration/delivery, automated/repeatable testing, devops and collaborative work environments
* Knowledge of systems architecture and design, and developing scalable, highly available and low latency distributed systems
* Experience in developing and operating large-scale high-throughput systems
* Change agent in touch with industry standards, technologies and trends while looking for opportunities to leverage them across the enterprise
* Experience with API gateways such as Apigee, AWS API Gateway.
* Experience with Swagger API framework, Open API frame work and Swagger Hub
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.