What you'll be doing...
As an Enterprise Architect (EA), you will be leading and defining portfolio-level prioritization of strategic capabilities automating Verizon's wireline and wireless nationwide networks for large programs such as: Intelligent Edge Network, Fiber Deployments, 5G. In this role, you will translate enterprise's strategic themes into deliverable solutions across the OSS portfolio and define the architecture runway and backlog at the portfolio level. In this role, you will work with business stakeholders and Solutions / System Architects to define, prioritize and implement technology initiatives and solutions across Value Streams. You will be responsible for defining and maintaining the Reference Architecture and Functional Domains of a large portfolio of systems and to analyze, prioritize, and execute the rationalization and modernization plans to generate significant savings and efficiencies. You will also define the standards and directional Tech Stack and drive their evolution by introducing emerging technologies after successful proof-of-concepts, working closely with the development teams and providing hands-on support. You will also ensure that these standards are enforced in all large programs of the portfolio. You will rely on continuous feedback, foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a common technical vision and strategic themes. You will engage with the subject matter experts on key domains such as: product definition as it pertains to OSS, network infrastructure planning and engineering on access, transport and core networks, provisioning and service assurance. The EA will be working across portfolios and with the Solution and Systems teams to ensure that the progression of our technical stack is kept in mind while balancing the needs of business programs. The EA will also facilitate the reuse of ideas, components, services, and proven patterns across various solutions in a portfolio. The EA will be supporting long-term and current business needs, defining Architectural Runway and architectural governance policies as well as enforcing them by working with Solution Architects. The EA will work at both a Portfolio, Program level and with the Development Agile Teams. The EA will be working with Product Managers, Release Train Engineers and Solution Architects to define Enablers for the Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
The candidate must be able to establish relationships and work with managers at all levels without supervision. You must be able to articulate the problem statement and openly bring up challenges /roadblocks and impediments, negotiate, influence and drive solutions with directors and VPs in OSS space for tactical and strategic enterprise architecture approach and business capabilities. As a Senior Architect, the expectation is to provide teaching and mentoring to development teams and other architecture team members.
* You will partner with business and IT stakeholders to align with business/network drivers and product strategy across various lines of businesses, and applies service-oriented architecture, micro-services architecture patterns and principles to deliver enterprise architecture artifacts and strategy.
* You will be articulating the business drivers and architectural approach / trade-offs during discussions for planning, definition and prioritization buy-in at portfolio levels and gain consensus.
* You will lead the creation and oversight of architectural and financial research within functional areas to develop business value of program integration. You will leverage your long-term functional and business acumen, to drive the right priorities within the portfolio.
* You will develop, deliver and communicate architectural artifacts for implementation and execution of business and IT-driven initiatives from ideation through roll out across programs, solutions in a Scaled Agile environment.
* You will provide portfolio-level leadership in delivering architecture artifacts that promote reusability, modularity and scalability across the OSS layer for various lines of businesses.
* You will develop and communicate OSS portfolio strategy that increases enterprise agility, business and operational efficiency system and process efficiencies and maximizes ROI on our network assets. You will exercise considerable judgment, trade-offs evaluation and risk mitigation planning during the solution definition and delivery phases.
* You will track industry trends and leverages them to drive innovation and solution excellence across various functional domains within the OSS space. You will be supporting activities, including research and prototyping, understanding applicability and scope, and assessing the maturity of innovative new technologies.
* In coordination and collaboration with other Enterprise Architects, you will define the Public Cloud and On-Prem Standard Operating Environment, DevOps and CI-CD standards, and associated tools / platforms / frameworks for the portfolio.
* You will drive Proof-of-Concepts and implementation, with hands-on involvement for emerging technologies, new SOE, such as build deployment automated pipeline, build automated next genCI-CD pipelines, partnering with development teams, build and integrate new technologies like containers enabling multi-cloud and preventing cloud provider lock-in.
* You will contribute to, and influence, IT-wide definition and enhancements of cloud platforms customization, standards and best practices for Verizon: define Network Systems portfolio specific requirements and drive solutions to address them, represent the Network Systems portfolio in IT-wide coordination, etc.
* You will represent Verizon externally in conferences/summits, build partnership with startups and other external companies to understand tool offerings and how we can integrate and benefits to Verizon.
* Understand and build on emerging industry trends and how it works with Verizon.
* Cloud Architecture, Strategy, Execution.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in driving new infrastructure technologies from proof-of-concepts to full production implementation.
* Demonstrable experience in IT architect role with large company-wide program(s).
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree or equivalent experience in related IT field.
* Eight or more years of experience in the Telecommunication industry.
* Five or more years of hands-on experience in the capacity of systems/solution architecture role.
* Experience in defining and driving Cloud migration and strategy.
* Experience in definition and execution of SOE processes, tooling and standards.
* Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
* Experience with SAFe agile framework.
* Demonstrable experience leading software developers/architects, systems or process analysts.
* Excellent communication (verbal and writing), influencing and negotiation skills.
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution buy-in at various levels and gain consensus.
* Ability to break down complex topics into simple to digest information and data points, adjusted to audiences at various levels.
* Ability to create system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
* Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions.
* Ability to broker solutions for issues between functional domains, senior leaders.
* Experience with network principles in multiple areas: wireless networks, RF transmission techniques, optical transmission, IP routing and protocols, PON and wireline access technologies, etc., successful recent experience in engineering / operations in large network deployments, SME knowledge in one or multiple network domains.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.