Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer will analyze and evaluate existing and/or proposed systems and devices to process data warehouse data. Provide production support for the data warehouse 24/7. Assist in the development, design, testing and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
The engineer will collaborate with team members to resolve issues to assure the successful delivery of BI/DW solutions. Candidate must have extensive knowledge of Business Objects, Informatica, OBIEE, Tidal, Unix/Shell scripting, PL/SQL, Jitterbit and Hadoop knowledge is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support and enhance existing data warehouse platform by applying system solutions.
* Possess proven skills and sound knowledge of ETL/BI processes and best practices and experience with development activities.
* Applies knowledge and expertise with technology and application development methodologies to perform system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, design, and storage.
* Work with cross-functional teams to identify technology modifications that will impact business processes.
* Provides support of all system/service components, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support.
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to information and data being processed, stored or accessed.
* Provide support of the data warehouse 24/7.
* Support and enhance existing jobs and processes.
* Participate in scheduled production support plan.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Conduct run list reviews, code deployments and post deploy validations following standard software development lifecycle(SDLC).
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related experience
* 6+ years experience working extensively in setting up Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes using tools such as Informatica.
* 3+ years of experience in implementing solutions using OBIEE, BI Apps (Financial Analytics) and Oracle database or equivalent BI/reporting platforms.
* System Administration experience with OBIEE, Informatica , Enterprise schedulers or equivalent BI / reporting platforms
* Experience tailoring and extending BI Applications for EBS Financials - General Ledger, AP and AR modules to deliver on customer requirements
* Ability to design, develop, test, install/implement, modify and maintain Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing solutions.
* Strong knowledge of data warehouse concepts, such as star schemas, snowflakes, conformed dimensions, Slowly Changing Dimension Types etc.
* Proven ability to design, implement and understand Dimensional Models/query tools, and Metadata Repositories
* Knowledge of relational database management objects (tables, schemas, indexes, stored procedures, macros), database design principles and data administration standards, and information security terminology.
* Must have strong knowledge of PL/SQL
* Strong Unix Shell Scripting experience
* Experience with large data warehouses and Oracle database environments, including Exadata and Golden Gate replication
* Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and deliver on commitments in a timely manner
* Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Able to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
* Strong ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment
* Proactive in streamlining tasks and procedures following company standards
* Ability to think out of the box and challenge the norm
* Strong documentation skills with attention to detail
* Interact with various IT teams and business to resolve issues as required
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.