As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
* Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
* Development of mathematical algorithms for target tracking and data fusion
* Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
* Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
* Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
* Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
* School work or related experience developing original mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
* Experience with MATLAB or C/C++
* Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Demonstrated mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
* Demonstrated interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Work experience with one of the following areas related to radar systems: Signal Processing, search or track, surveillance, reconnaissance, synthetic aperture radar mapping, electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
* Customer focus and collaboration skills
* Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
* Demonstrated team leadership experience
* An understanding of the physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware
Required Education (including Major):
* Must have a BS / BA with a major in Engineering, Physics, Math, or other related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143649 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Flight & Aircraft
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.