This position is in an engineering organization focused on satellite communications systems, including secure and protected systems.
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Applying advanced technical principles and concepts to develop FPGA designs based on defined system architectures.
* Developing Firmware Requirements Specifications for FPGA designs.
* Performing implementation tradeoffs, and presenting, explaining, and refining design approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders.
* Determining and following the course of action necessary to implement finished products based on the selected design approach.
* VHDL-based RTL and functional design, analysis and verification.
* Integrating FPGA designs into hardware and supporting system integration, test, and qualification.
* Design documentation and design maintenance.
* A minimum of 6 years professional engineering experience
* Proficiency with VHDL for configuring FPGAs
* Experience with FPGA and CPLD devices and development tools from Xilinx, Altera, and Lattice.
* Proficiency with functional verification test flow using VHDL with assertions.
* Proficiency with Modelsim and/or Questa Sim for functional verification
* Experience incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs, including PCIe and high speed Ethernet.
* Experience working in a system integration environment, verifying requirements and identifying and correcting defects.
* Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance and COMSEC clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Experience with satellite communications systems.
* Familiarity with security aspects of protected satellite communications systems.
* Linux scripting experience.
* Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow of requirements through multiple levels of specifications.
* Familiarity with code coverage tools for evaluating test coverage.
* Familiarity with version control tools such as Clearcase or GitHub
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
139368BR 139368 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.