How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
SR SECURITY SUPPORT
Short Job Summary
Provides technical and administrative support to continuous monitoring, cyber assessment, and/or activities involving the integration, application, and implementation of the Intelligence Community (IC) customer's Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the group in the areas of:
* Continuous Monitoring to ensure system health and well-being, assesses security relevant changes for impact to the system and its underlying infrastructure, and supports compliance activities associated with the Privacy Act and related laws
* Cyber Assessment to support the A&A process as required by Intelligence Community Directive(ICD) 503, "Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management" for systems processing IC data; and
* Information System & Security, to support the integration, application, and implementation of the ODNI Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process, provides guidance and governance for security of ODNI systems and safeguarding of ODNI data, and formulate and inform security policy
* Analysis, investigation, reporting and remediation of cyber incidents,
* Incident escalation, planning and development of cyber countermeasures,
* Initiation of incident notification procedures,
* Collaboration with external IC and DoD Cyber units as well as reporting Cyber Defense status to customer leadership
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a security support specialist position
* Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Security Engineering
* Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required)
* Ability to work on-call for escalated VIP level issues.
* Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
* Ability to conduct event triage and technical analysis leading to root cause determination
* Strong logical/critical thinking abilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
* Strong proficiency Report writing - a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
* U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. *
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
DC - Washington
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.