Powerful Careers - Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
* diversity &
* community service
* 9 employee
* Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Challenge Status Quo
* Communication Skills
* Eager to Learn
* Emotional Intelligence
* Leadership Traits
* Problem Solver
* Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
It's fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There's a lot of potential in the company, and I've experienced it firsthand.
- Alfonso Lopez, Engineer Trending
* Making the World a Safer Place
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
* Performance Recognition
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Educational Assistance
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place? Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our Raytheon Air Traffic Systems engineering team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. We provide bonus opportunities, award winning wellness program, access to walking trails, outdoor patio, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and a flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an entry level systems engineer to join our team in developing the next generation of air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions -backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise- is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will be part of an innovative team that performs system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and system integration and test. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing requirements artifacts, characterizing system performance, integrating software and hardware, writing and conducting system level test procedures, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems is a plus. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
* Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design
* Experience or school projects developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations, performing system and/or subsystem level integration and test
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written
* Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as Oracle Solaris or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Able to travel, occasional domestic travel in support of the program
* Experience solving complex problems in Weather or Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
* Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Weather or Air Traffic Management Systems
* Experience with system integration, formal testing, and characterization of system performance
* Working knowledge of COTS servers, workstations, and networks
* Experience with shells and scripting languages, such as Bash
* Experience modifying and administering networked UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as JumpStart or Kickstart
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket
* Experience with IBM DOORS or similar requirements management tool
Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering or a closely related STEM field obtained within the past 18 months or by Summer 2019. A GPA of 3.0 + is strongly desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.