Date updated 06/06/2019
CE10 Sr Principal Systems Engineer: Lead Systems Engineer
We are currently hiring a Lead Systems Engineer to join the Multi-Function Radio Frequency System (MFRFS) Systems Engineering team in McKinney, TX.
The Lead Systems Engineer will support the MFRFS Products Program Manager, providing technical engineering leadership to the MFRFS engineering team, and is responsible for the success and performance of end-to-end radar product development. The Lead Systems Engineer will partner with the MFRFS Chief Engineer to ensure flawless Engineering execution on existing and new development programs. The Lead Systems Engineer is also responsible for technical oversight of the MNF KuRFS-3 product including executing design implementation, test planning, new hardware production and field deployment verification/validation planning with team members from other disciplines such as HW (Electrical and Mechanical) and SW Engineering. The Lead Systems Engineer will also provide technical engagement with major component subcontractors and partners to ensure the MNF KuRFS-3 product is implemented and fielded within cost and schedule constraints.
Frequent domestic travel to Raytheon and customer locations will be required. Additionally, this position will require an ACTIVE DoD security clearance.
* Minimum 12 years of professional experience with 4 years of demonstrated Lead Systems Engineering Experience on Multi-Function RF programs.
* Experience with using mission plans and concept of operations to develop system level requirements for radar modes, hardware, and software and radar performance.
* Experiences with both sides of the Systems Engineering, including requirements development, allocation, design implementation, test planning and requirements verification.
* Experience allocating system level performance requirements to radar subsystems and components.
* Experience with Active Electronically Scanned Antenna (AESA) technology.
* Experience with mathematical simulation development (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, or simulation programming skills).
* Experience with software development for radar modes and waveforms.
* Expertise in RF systems Requirements Development, Analysis and Management
* Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Science or related STEM field.
* Expertise in developing error budgets and mechanical tolerances to improve antenna auto-calibration
* Experience as a Technical Export/Import Advisor for Systems Development and Releasbility
* Technical background in the design of digital receiver/exciters.
* Software development experience in Unix/Linux operating systems
* Proficient in real time C, Java, or C++ software languages
* Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD), and/or commercial and non-traditional customer sets (e.g. Combatant Commands, Homeland Security)
* Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
KEYWORDS: radar system design, Ku Band, radar modes, digital signal processing, modeling/analysis, simulation, programming, test, development, aesa, waveform, RF, Matlab, Mathematica, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com. 142069BR 142069 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.