Within Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems' (SAS) Software Engineering Center (SWEC), The Space and GPS Navigation Systems Department currently has an opening for a Section Manager. As a SWEC section manager, the applicant is required to perform functional management tasks as well as be actively engaged in the technical and/or programmatic aspects of SAP programs in the SAS Space Systems business area.
Section managers are responsible for providing engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and the SAS processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are made available to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, facilitating alignment with engineering command media, leading productivity improvement and risk mitigation Perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations of the Software Engineering Center.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.*
* 10+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience.
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* Experience with C / C++ Programming.
* Experience in providing technical leadership to a small team of engineers and contribute to the technical work products throughout the entire software life cycle.
* Experience in providing cost estimates for proposal activities.
* Experience with compiling and reporting metrics.
* US Citizenship and ability to obtain special access to customer programs.
* Active Top Secret (investigated within 5 yrs)
or SCI with in-scope (investigated within 5 yrs)
* MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* Experience facilitating career development of team members, and conduct meaningful performance development discussions.
* Experience in evaluating performance of section members and ensure completion of required and suggested training.
* Experience being a champion for productivity improvement and risk mitigation efforts.
* Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
* Model Driven Software Development Experience.
* Agile Development Experience.
* DevOps Experience.
* Earned Value proficiency and/or certification.
* Experience with embedded software development.
* Object Oriented Software Development Experience.
* Board support level software experience.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
#IdeasinOrbit 131197BR 131197 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.