This position is for an FPGA design engineer to work in the Electronics Center for the Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Business Unit. The person hired for this position will work on new product development based on descriptions and specifications provided by our customers. This entails working in integrated product teams to design, develop, and manufacture complex state-of-the-art systems for space systems. Activities include detailed design of digital communications and signal processing targeted at FPGA components. Specific tasks include embedded system design cycles, requirement capture, FPGA architect, implementation, verification, integration & testing the electronic components and circuit boards. Must have minimum of 8 years of related work experience.
* FPGA Design Engineer with 8 plus years of experience with an emphasis on digital design, including FPGA development and circuit design
* Experience with industry standard EDA tools for electrical engineering as well as EE lab equipment
* Broad experience ranging from digital logic design to DSP algorithm implementation, high speed SERDES design, hands-on hardware testing and troubleshooting
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* Familiarity with Xilinx and Microsemi development tools (VHDL/Verilog, Synthesis, Place & Route, Timing Analysis)
* Experience of sub-system and system level integration, validation and debugging
* Experience with high speed ADC (JESD), DAC interface
* Experience with QDR II, NAND Flash, SPI, I2C interface design
* Experience with high speed serial protocols (sRIO, PCI Express, Xilinx Aurora)
* Experience with implementation of DSP algorithms in FPGA (MATLAB/Simulink)
* Experience with multiple FPGA designs architecture and design specification generation
Required Education (including Major):
* Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other related STEM field
* Prefer to also have a Master or PhD degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S.Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
143654 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.