At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the
skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Architect - Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) 5 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Serve as the technical authority for MBSE strategy and implementation.
* Act as advisor to management and customers on MBSE practices.
* Coordinate with Program leadership, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads and Engineers, Project Engineering Leads and Functional leadership to ensure the integrity and executability of MBSE.
* Collaborate with the management team (functional engineering, program office, supply chain management, contract, and business management) to deploy processes and metrics per Northrop Grumman Command Media, and
to identify any resources required for effective MBSE implementation.
* Ensure that the decisions on technical approaches are aligned with established MBSE plan to achieve optimal technical, schedule, and financial performance.
* Serve as the focal point for definition and control of MBSE requirements for existing and future product development.
* Engage in formal and informal mentoring to support knowledge transfer and talent development.
Acquisition of New Business
* Champion MBSE as a proven solution for schedule optimization, affordability, and more predictable technical performance.
* Develop deep and enduring Customer relationships by working closely with them and understanding their needs.
* Prepare and present briefings, concept papers and proposals to Customers and Northrop Grumman leadership to develop new business opportunities and satisfy customer MBSE requirements.
* Control and optimizes the product and process over its life-cycle by continuing to develop or further enhance the MBSE architectural framework.
* Conduct cost-benefit trade-offs and analyses to assess implementation of MBSE on new product development initiatives.
* Implement metrics and data-driven decision making to track and improve MBSE efficiency and effectiveness.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer
challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you
the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience or an M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience leading MBSE implementation in large programs.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with high level Customers, along with demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, briefings, trade studies, proposals, and similar documents.
* Experience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead MBSE activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures.
* Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of system architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer's operational needs at lowest cost.
* Broad technical and MBSE experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle.
* In-depth technical expertise in MBSE techniques; requirements management, interface control and verification; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solutions.
* Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with a current active Secret Clearance or above.
* Proven track record as a successful introduction/implementation of MBSE practices to new and ongoing programs.
* Proven track record as a successful MBSE architect on multiple fixed and rotary wing military aircraft for at least 10 years.
* Experience in certification of military aircraft systems for operation in civilian airspace, including DO-178, DO-254, DO-160, DO-236, DO-229, DO-283, etc. and Global Air Traffic Management (GATM).
* Experience with international programs and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.