Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Senior Principal AWS Cloud Engineer 4 with a TS/SCI and Polygraph Clearance. This position is located in Fairfax, VA, supporting a large Cyber and Intel program.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the AWS cloud to build and deliver new capabilities? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman that are developing solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Works as part of a team of AWS experts to develop solutions for AWS account administration, and to build and administer
* Collaborates with application teams, infrastructure engineers, software engineers, and system administrators to develop
AWS solutions and hybrid solutions to bridge on premise systems with the cloud
* Identifies AWS cost optimizations and efficiencies to be gained
* Analyzes AWS service offerings with regards to efficiency and security posture, and makes recommendation to the
* Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness
analyses for total systems.
* Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis of new and existing AWS services
* Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or projects.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers
* Serves as a liaison with clients, participating in meetings as needed.
* Maintains current knowledge of advancements in AWS and relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Additional medical screening may be required based on customer requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience, or a total of 13 years of experience can be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
* Active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph Clearance
* Minimum two years' experience directly working with systems hosted on Cloud platforms
* Infrastructure automation experience
* AWS Associate Level Certification
* Demonstrated experience defining system requirements for new or existing computer systems hosted on Amazon Web
* Demonstrated experience designing and implementing end-to-end system solutions in AWS
* Knowledge of planning, design, and implementation tasks necessary to support a large enterprise system.
* Multiple AWS Associate level Certifications or AWS Professional level Certification
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
* DevOps, SecOps, or DevSecOps experience
* Experience leading technical planning and system integration workflows and methods.
* STEM Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.