"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000 trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Expeditors is looking for a Product Owner to join the Enterprise Technology - Configuration Management Team.
Enterprise Technology (ET) is responsible for the software components, tools, frameworks and processes that our line of business systems depend on in order to operate successfully. We are the travel agents of getting code to production. If you are self-motivated and passionate about technology, customer service, teamwork, and have a strong desire to understand how things work, this could be the right position for you!
Be the voice of our customers. As a Product Owner for the Configuration Management Team, you will be responsible for shaping the direction and quality of the systems supporting our business applications. You will drive the long-term vision, development priorities, and technical requirements for the Configuration Management Team in alignment with core business objectives. You will fully understand and support our team by clearly articulating technical business value, breaking features down into user stories with clear acceptance criteria, and collaborating closely with ET and IS technical leadership to prioritize and deliver solutions that accelerate development.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Design and implement Continuous Delivery pipelines
* Analyze and facilitate the adoption of industry standards
* Analyze, prepare and communicate information on new external products
* Build, refine, and prioritize team backlog in alignment with the program vision and roadmap
* Draft specific team objectives for each Iteration and Program Increment (PI)
* Create and execute tactical plans to achieve both short and long term objectives
* Clearly define story acceptance criteria and accept stories into the team backlog
* Collaborate with other Product Owners to resolve dependencies, coordinate efforts, and deliver cross-functional initiatives and technical enablers
* Lead cross-functional teams to solve complex technical challenges, maximizing engineering productivity and velocity
* Prepare for Program-level SAFe ceremonies, including PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt
* Understand CM customer needs and validate solutions to act as the voice of the customer for the technical team and work with CM customers to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the proposed solutions
* Proven expertise in designing and implementing Continuous Delivery pipelines
* Ability to elicit functional and Quality of Service requirements
* Proven expertise in measuring and reporting on delivery of technology-based services
* Proficiency with the system development lifecycle, including agile techniques and other methodologies
* Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people
* Effective at navigating ambiguity and helping diverse teams drive towards clarity and consensus
* Ability to compose concepts, ideas, and designs into actionable/measurable deliverables
* Expertise in creating, analyzing, and improving processes
* Management of multiple and competing priorities
* Agile/IT leadership experience
* 2+ years application of agile principles
* Experience working in freight forwarding or other transportation industry roles
* Alignment with Expeditors' culture and a total commitment to customer satisfaction
* Working knowledge of Office 2013 or above, Azure DevOps, SharePoint
* Familiarity with Expeditors' best practices and standards for systems and development
* ITIL familiarity and/or certification
* SAFe familiarity and/or certification
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.