"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000 trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Scope of the Position
The DBA team ensures the reliability and integrity of data, including the availability and consistency of data throughout the organization. DBAs work with business analysts, system architects, software developers, and quality assurance resources to provide consistent data across all applications in support of business objectives.
The DBA will demonstrate leadership qualities through the mentoring and guidance of team members to improve team effectiveness, provide advanced consultation services related to database design and management, and work with management and development groups to align database administration with department and business goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide database design and implementation services for enterprise application environments.
* Diagnose and isolate database system related problems, utilizing available resources to remediate.
* Provide helpdesk ticket and emergency support for database systems. Assist with database problem diagnostics, analysis and recovery operations. Provides production support for databases including after-hours on-call support.
* Monitor database performance and resources to identify database configuration, hardware, software and SQL query tuning opportunities
* Perform database system upgrade, maintenance, and trending activities.
* Develop, maintain and enhance tools for task automation using available scripting languages
* Establish and document database administration standards, processes, work flows, design and related tasks.
* Collaborate with and mentor team members.
* Serve as technical representative/liaison to train IS support and operations staff in RDBMS.
* Stay current on database technologies, including industry trends, tools, frameworks, products and methodologies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of database management experience with 5+ years in database design and performance analysis
* Strong knowledge of, DB2 and/or SQL Server relational database management systems and concepts required.
* Extensive scripting experience with sh, ksh, bash, awk, sed, Python and Perl
* Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to complex technical issues in a team and project-oriented environment
* Solid knowledge of databases leveraging clustering, mirroring, replication and RDBMS management tools
* Excellent communication (written & verbal) and troubleshooting skills
* Familiarity with Oracle and PostgreSQL
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
* All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Successful candidates must pass a background check.
* Please note, this opportunity does not sponsor work visas and has no relocation assistance.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.