What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
G05 Job Description
Performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, field operations, line maintenance and/or chemical handling. Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. May assist in the development of procedures. Selects, sets up and operates engineering and scientific equipment. Observes, analyzes and reports test data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. May include configuration/data management. Checks for work correctness. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
* 6+ years working experience with Associate's degree, 8+ years without Associate's degree
* Ability to work any shift or at different locations in Dallas or McKinney
* Follow all written documentation (Assembly Instructions, Drawings, Procedures, Shop Processes, etc.)
* Use of torque tools
* Accurate and detailed documentation
* Able to lift up to 28 pounds
* Computer skills - Word, Excel, Access, web-based documents, etc.
* Ability to work in a team environment
* U.S. Citizenship
* Top Secret Clearance with RSS Program access
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* J-STD-001 E/ES Certified,
* Visiprise Management (VM) tool knowledge,
* SAP/PRISM tool knowledge.
* A&P Certification
* Associates Degree or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or
* Four (4) year electronics apprentice program and six (6) years directly related experience, or
* Associate's degree and directly related experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.