How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is looking for a systems engineer with experience in design, development, and integration of large-scale GEOINT ground systems including a broad knowledge of ground architectures, concept of operations, requirements and operations. Candidate must possess influential leadership skills to guide teams composed of program technical experts. The candidate will support both intra-program integration as well integration with the other programs within the ground enterprise including transition of the system to Operations.
The candidate will be a member of the Raytheon IIS M2C2 Operations and Maintenance Team - a team of systems engineers and software developers contributing to the accomplishment of tasks in development and operations environments. As part of the team, the successful candidate will perform tasks to include, but not limited to, the following:
* Perform system development, integration and operations support in an iterative development environment;
* Support software development through initial investigation of operational system issues, discovering code bugs, providing code fixes and execution of maintenance activities in the operational environment;
* Conduct testing activities and test and operational readiness reviews;
Define operational concepts and procedures planning and development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations
* Support definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations;
* Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members, other program personnel and other segments;
* Represent the organization to external customers on operations and maintenance matters;
* Review requirements and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues.
This position requires an active TS/SCI SSBI clearance w/CI poly.
Validated TSSCI clearances are eligible for sign on bonus amounts up to $40,000.
* Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
* Experience with any of the following Satellite Ground System Elements:
* Command and Control
* Planning and Scheduling
* Development or Operations Environment
* Launch readiness
* System maintenance planning and execution
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills
* Experience authoring and delivering documentation and training for satellite operators
* Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight in a dynamic, fast-paced & high visibility environment
* Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
* Current TS/SCI with CI poly
* Familiarity with the software and system development life cycle on government programs
* Significant experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas for Satellite Ground Systems:
* Architecture development
* Operations concept development
* Functional analysis
* Interface definition
* Verification & validation
* B.S./B.A in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or similar STEM degree a minimum of 6 years professional experience or MS/MA or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, a minimum of 4 years professional experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.