Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
In close partnership with the Operations Program Management team, the Strategic Project Manager will align business development and partner opportunities with internal functional, country and global teams and act as an interface to other SONOS Leadership Teams.
Reporting to the Head of Global Business Development, you'll be responsible for Project Management (strategic and/or special initiatives) for the Global Business Development team, and will be working on multiple projects simultaneously. In addition, you'll focus on creating best-practices to enable Sonos Business development and partnering, ensuring consistency and quality across all programs.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* Primary responsibility will be ownership of project development, execution plans, and overall completion across both partner and SONOS functions. (approx. 50% of time).
* Lead business development and partner initiatives from program strategy, definition through execution.
* Prepare Business Development projects and partner programs for subsequent company program approval through close collaboration with the Program Management team.
* Identify and consistently manage risk.
* Ensure adequate resources and engagement.
* Development and tracking of program-specific KPIs/metrics.
* Bridge communication between cross-functional teams.
* Highlight key cross-functional interdependencies and risks and provide direction towards related actions.
* In close partnership with finance, build initial business models in support of key projects and partner programs
* Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues.
* Proactively suggest and develop strategic opportunities to improve our business (sales, marketing, geographies, operations etc...), processes and governance.
* Manage weekly GBD, partner and cross-functional meeting requests.
* Initiate and support annual and long-range business planning:
* Drive strategy sessions to review existing and develop future strategies.
* Drive process with Product, Finance, Marketing and Operations teams.
Skills You'll Need
* Leadership abilities with 10+ years experience in roles with in Project Management, Project Coordination, FP&A and Marketing
* Deep knowledge of Program and Project Management principles, practices, and procedures and their influence on Program Development.
* Some business modeling and FP&A experience
* A team player who is highly proactive.
* Ability to adapt to change effectively.
* Decisive, action-oriented attitude; able and willing to own open issues and drive resolution.
* Excellent organizational abilities, an ability to identify risk management and mitigation.
* Strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of other relevant GTM functional groups.
* Good understanding of product development and transition processes, particularly for high-technology products.
* Detail focused, self-directed and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution.
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.