As a Senior Software Development in Test on the wireless networking team, you will be responsible for developing effective test plans and automation for the industry's most innovative embedded audio processing and networking solution for wireless streaming audio around the home. In this role you will collaboration with your partners in Development and Test to define and execute the test strategies in order to deliver highly secure and reliable products. In addition, you will work with a team of industry-leading innovators across many different disciplines such as acoustics, mechanical engineering, software, hardware, RF, product management and user experience. If you love music, solving challenging problems and delivering high-quality products, we want to talk with you!
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals? You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* Collaborate with other members of the Networking team to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint
* Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation
* Create and execute API and feature-level test plans
* Document all tests and procedures
* Define and develop test automation to improve testing efficiency and coverage
* Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
* Use instrumentation and telemetry to do data and issue analysis as well as bug triage
Skills You'll Need
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
* At least 4 years of software testing with solid understanding of software testing principles, tools, techniques and execution with an emphasis on automation and framework design.
* Strong coding fundamentals with solid experience developing and maintaining automation test suites/programs in Python, Java or C/C++
* Demonstrated proficiency with Linux operating systems
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
* Experience troubleshooting and debugging networking systems is a strong plus
* Experience testing and debugging wireless system including WiFi or cellular is a strong plus
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.