Austin - TX, AUS2, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Associate DBA will work hand-in-hand with business analysts, developers, Windows, storage and network engineers to ensure optimal solution, availability, performance and support of Database platforms and Data integration solutions amongst disparate systems. This role will act as a hands-on subject matter expert within the team.
What you'll do:
* Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
* Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user's specialized role.
* Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
* Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.)
What you have:
* Minimum 2 - 3 years of database administration experience.
* Production Support experience with excellent communication/written communication skills.
* Must possess the ability to handle tasks and function in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment, and be customer-service oriented
* Ability to interface with customers (internal & external) and strong interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to understand new technologies quickly
* Ability to work flexible hours as required and participates in on-call rotation.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-DBA-2-5 yrs, IT-DBA-less than 2 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.