Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Cross Enterprise Services Quality Engineering team is a centralized Center of Excellence Quality Engineering group which is a collaborative group of experts that helps in setting up automation design, framework, process governance and tools standardization to help deliver quality in fast paced Agile methodology in a Continuous Deployment DevOps model.
The Cross Enterprise Services group provides trading business capabilities to Schwab's retail and institutional businesses by developing innovative, unique-in-class investment products and are looking for a seasoned Sr. Test Automation expert who will excel in dynamic team, in a fast-paced and agile environment, specializing in testing, test frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code, test tools and data. A highly experienced software test automation leader with testing project management and extensive automation experience. Someone who is a strong technical leader and possesses a client-focused sensibility.
What you'll do:
* Be an hands on advocate and leader for Test Automation across CES QE, drive continuous integration and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy using Atlassin stack Set and communicate automation strategies and processes for web services, APIs, middleware, UI etc., evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
* Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
* Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
* Keep automation current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration / deployment framework
* Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
* Assist developers with Robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed
* Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvements
* Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
* Collaborate with Automation CoE experts to plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across BATT org
* Implement and lead Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment strategies
* Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
* Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices
* Be a leader in enabling teams to use TDD/BDD/ATDD using Gherkin/Ruby/Cucumber
What you have:
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
* 6+ years of hands on application programming and/or test automation / framework experience in an Agile development environment
* Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
* Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
* Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process and/or Rational Unified Process development methodologies is essential
* Experience with one or more programming language C#,JAVA, Java Script.
* Experience in BDD,TDD or ATDD design techniques.
* Exposure To performance Engineering.
* Exposure to different Test data management techniques and tools.
* Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
* Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in API test automation using Parasoft SOATest;
* Experience in UI automation using Tricentis TOSCA, Selenium;
* Database testing using Relational databases like Oracle; Tools used are TOAD and SQL Server; white box testing using PL-SQL
* Experience in non-relational databases like Aerospike.
* Experience with REST API service testing using tools, SOAPUI; Advanced REST Client
* Experience with CI /CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Zephyr, Bit Bucket, Shell Scripting/Powershell, Splunk;
* Experience with Agile Methodologies, Collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Hip Chat )
* Hands-on experience with server and configuration management
* Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don't work
* Ability to effectively persuade, negotiate and influence all levels of staff; excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills
* Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies and able to provide direction to test teams
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.