Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
At BBN, you might create or investigate new types of cyber physical systems, investigate the emerging "Internet of Things," implement unique mission applications for software-defined radios, devise creative ways to analyze and interpret large multi-dimensional data sets, create innovative solutions using consumer electronics, develop next-generation capabilities for privacy/anonymity and identity control, or even disassemble and analyze a complex embedded system. Although the work changes from one project to the next, it's always challenging, and it always makes a difference.
BBN's government customers rely on us for solutions to problems that have not been solved. If you are a problem solver, someone who likes to take things apart to see how they work, who enjoys inventing things, and who has the passion, drive, and creativity to shape future technologies, BBN might be a great fit for you!
Required skills & Education:
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field
* 0-2 years relevant work experience depending on your degree
* Java and Python experience
* Experience applying the scientific method to challenging mission problems
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Solid and creative programming skills
* Building devices using consumer electronics (e.g., Android or iOS devices, ARM processors, microcontrollers, Arduino/Raspberry Pi)
* Designing and developing combined hardware and software systems
* Demonstrated passion for technology
* US citizenship is required
* Cyber network operations
* Digital and binary forensics
* Embedded systems
* Experimental design and hypothesis testing
* System analysis; End-to-end prototype creation, from design to delivery
* Knowledge of consumer electronics (e.g., mobile phones, ARM processors, etc.)
* Reverse engineering and analysis of hardware and software systems
* Artificial intelligence (autonomic reasoning, learning systems, planning, PCA/ICA)
* Advanced networking (mesh, IPv6, isolation, SDN, kernel filters)
* Building devices using consumer electronics (e.g., Android, ARM processors, microcontrollers, Arduino/Raspberry Pi)
* Controls, systems sensors, actuators
* Digital signal processing
* Radio, RF, software defined radio, and antenna design
* Autonomous systems design and development and simulation (e.g. UAV, AUVs, etc.)
* Agile programming, DevOps, continuous integration continuous deployment
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. 143765BR 143765 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.