How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday's, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. View it here: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), located in Richardson, Texas(Cityline)is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a PrincipalDatabase (DB) Engineer/Administrator.
Job Description: The Principal Database (DB) Engineer/Administrator will be assigned to a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product area and serve as a member of the GIS DB Group. As a candidate for this opportunity you should have a good foundation and extensive experience working with databases on multiple platforms. The selected candidate must be able to develop and implement data architectures, data modeling, database administration as well as have the ability to integrate and support interfacing with COTS. The position may also require the ability to provide on-call, after-hours/weekend support, when necessary as defined by program needs. A demonstrable understanding of software database principles, theories, and concepts related to implementation and execution should also be within the experience scope of the candidate.
The selected candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
* Security+ Certification
* Minimum of 8 years of database development experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience as an ORACLE database administrator and/or Oracle Database engineer
* Experience with DDL scripts to create, maintain, and upgrade database schemas
* Experience with SQL and PL/SQL to perform complex queries, data manipulations and data migrations
* Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts; additional experience with Perl, Python, Ruby is helpful
* Experience with database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restoration, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and storage procedures, monitoring the Oracle alert logs and resolving database-related issues
* Practiced in integration of COTS products in implementing successful customer-driven solutions.
* Experience with database products: Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is highly desired
* Experience with Oracle products such as Real Application Clusters, Data Guard, Application Server, Oracle Text, Label Security, Replication and Streams
* Experience developing and maintaining data models
* Experience with model-driven development and data modeling using tools such as ERwin, SQL Developer Data Modeler, Oracle Designer, Sybase PowerDesigner
* Have working knowledge of J2EE architecture and an understanding of object-oriented modeling languages
* Experience working with Java developers on database data access layers using JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, etc.
* Experience in system accreditation using proxy users, virtual private database technology and label security
* Familiar with current database related vendor products and current research directions.
* Familiar with technologies related to high volume data handling and ingestion and high data rate extraction with integrity checking and indexing
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a bachelor's degree in STEM and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.