Raytheon Airborne Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) is the provider of integrated system solutions for the Multi-Platform Radar Technology Insertion Program (MP-RTIP) for the U.S. Air Force and NATO. The integrated system solutions for MP-RTIP provide the customer with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. The AEWRS Department Engineer is a key contributor to this effort in the execution of MP-RTIP Development, Production and Sustainment programs.
The System IV&V Engineer will be assigned to the Surveillance IV&V Team. The individual will assist in the day-to-day Radar Systems Integration & Test Lab (RSIL) activities in the development and maintenance of a radar system in the RSIL, develop and maintain integrated lab/flight test and verification plan, test procedures and execution of various radar spread bench tests to verify radar software modes meet contractual performance requirements. The RSIL System IV&V Engineer will partner with the functional leadership in the collection of System IV&V work product productivity metrics as well as collaborate with program leadership, software and systems engineering IPTs for the associated system architecture to ensure the system design and mode functional performance requirements can be adequately tested and verified in accordance to established IV&V processes.
The RSIL System IV&V Engineer will also be responsible in supporting facility infrastructure sustainment, and execution of all radar integration and test tasks within the RSIL. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to troubleshooting radar hardware/software anomalies, setup/teardown of unique spread bench test configurations, executing regression & verification tests, validating and sustaining various STE & instrumentation systems, sustainment and configuration support of laboratory software tools, information technology, classified networking systems and support of flight test activities at Edward Air Force Base.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and a minimum of 4 years of experience of systems integration and verification experience
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* Knowledgeable of STE, RF and general purpose test equipment in the integration and test of various radar hardware and software products
* Knowledgeable in systems engineering and IV&V engineering principles and work products
* Ability to work in a high paced, high demand laboratory shift environment. Candidate must be able to work flexible non-standard hours (i.e. 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or weekend) on an infrequent basis in the event of a surge in unplanned laboratory work.
* Experience in system-level IV&V of radar hardware and software products
* Possess excellent written and verbal skills to assist in preparation of technical presentation material to internal and external customers and at program technical reviews, as well as to provide status of task progress of work products to team lead
* Experience with programming languages such as: Python, Matlab, C, and C++ to sustain lab infrastructure
* Experience using Linux, Solaris, or other UNIX operating system-Solaris strongly preferred
* Skilled in MS Office Applications (i.e. - Word, Powerpoint, Excel/Excel Macros)
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Current DoD Top Secret with SAP Clearance
* Experience in the development of software scripts using a commercial standard software programming language such as: VBA, TCL or Python.
* Experience with test data analysis
Minimum of 4 years with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Math or Computer Science or related degree 136060BR 136060 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.