What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a LINUX Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
* Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
* Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
* Supporting the development of new capabilities
* Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 6+ years of directly relevant experience
* Must be proficient in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation, security hardening and maintenance
* Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers from scratch
* Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
* Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for testing and deployment.
* Experience with administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
* Experience with Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc
* Familiar with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell, python & Kickstart technologies
* Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
* Familiarity of configuration management
* Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef or Ansible
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Experience with software development using JAVA, RESTful services is a plus
* Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
* Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets is a plus
* Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop is a plus
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification is a plus
* Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
* Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
* Experience with technical implementation projects
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.