Minted is looking for a Principal Engineer to join our newly-formed Software Architecture team. If you join this team, you will be doing hands-on work on projects that create, modify, or document the high level structures and architecture of Minted's software stack.
At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
* Shorten the code/debug cycle for engineers across the organization.
* Improve the organization's ability to reason about our software platform.
* Build out a language-independent type library used by engineering teams across the company.
* Write tools that generate documentation or diagrams of architectural data flow.
* Research, architect, build and operationalize a system to detect outdated vendor software.
* Make tools that let engineers upgrade without toil.
* Build libraries that reduce developer errors when connecting to services.
* Be the vanguard in creating the first working examples of improved engineering workflow patterns for testing or deployment.
* Someone who thinks making "doing the right thing" and "doing the expedient thing" ought to be the same thing.
* Someone who is eager to learn
* Someone who cares deeply about code craftsmanship and design.
* Passionate about reducing complexity, increasing re-usability.
* 7+ years professional experience as a software developer.
* A BS in Computer Science or equal experience.
* Strong programming skills in more than one language.
* The ability to understand business problems and synthesize types which accurately model them.
* The ability to author cogent and terse written communication.
* Persuasive verbal communication and aptitude for evangelism.
* The ability to discern technical contracts in, then simplify existing code.
* A solid understanding of reliability and scalability issues with distributed systems on unreliable hardware.
* The desire to ship greater than desire to polish.
* Experience designing complex software systems and predicting scope and risks.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, agile e-commerce environment
* Theoretical knowledge of distributed systems algorithms
* Good grasp of networking concepts
* Working familiarity with various parts of POSIX
* Work or personal projects using a modern functional language like Haskell, OCaml or F#
* Stream processing system experience like Spark Streaming, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Flink, Apache Beam
* Theoretical knowledge of database performance, durability and consistency, ideally with distributed data stores
* Experience with Kafka or similar log structured storage
* Experience with Protocol Buffers and/or GRPC
* Experience with Amazon Web Services. Especially S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2, CloudFormation, ELB, VLC, and ASG
* Experience with Packer, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
* Experience with CDNs
* Experience with React.js and Redux
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.