Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout's category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
About the Job:
As a Senior Quality Engineer at Lookout, you'll guide the testing and automation effort within the team to ensure we deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers, both internal and external. You'll have a strong sense of ownership of product quality, but you aren't going this alone - you'll work closely with our super-talented development team to make sure we're getting the appropriate amount of testing and automation coverage for each feature. At Lookout, we believe quality is every engineer's responsibility.
You will help define what we test and how we automate testing of our SDK features, RESTful services, APIs and UI of our products. You'll be a champion of QE best practices and bring the voice of quality to each engineering discussion you're a part of. Your work will help the team to deploy quickly, reliably, and with confidence that their code changes aren't breaking existing functionality. Your automation results will be visible to the entire company. You will also be responsible for the ownership of our test environments that are part of our automated deployment pipeline.
At Lookout, we believe in agile software development in every sense of the word, small and focused teams, metrics that work, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, easy to use UIs, test driven development, automation wherever plausible, and making the right decisions.
* Full responsibility for product quality
* Support Product team deliverables
* Support QA test cycles to include Manual and Automated tests
* Debug test failures to identify a root cause and resolution
* Contribute to new automated tests
* Proactively raise technical risks and suggest mitigation measures against them
* Contribute to new automated tests and provide maintenance
* Own and drive the qualification of new product features to include the development of tests, tools, and processes
* Execute testing to support ongoing release cadence
* Report and manage bugs to closure
* Collaborate with Dev, QA, Product Management and all key stakeholders
* Proactively raise technical risks and suggest mitigation measures
* Development experience in Ruby, Python, Java, or Scala
* Experience with testing and developing test automation for REST API Services
* Performance test strategy and tools
* Experience testing Cloud based Microservices while understanding the overall System interdependencies
* Hands on experience working in AWS
* Able to participate in all aspects of dev lifecycle testing. Unit testing, integration testing, performance testing
* Track record as a leader and strong sense of ownership
* Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Qualification and Skills:
* Git/Gerrit knowledge
* Jenkins experience
* Building CI/CD pipelines
* Working knowledge of Internet Network and Security protocols
Lookout is a provider of cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for mobile security for enterprises, government agencies, and individuals.