Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout's category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
We are looking for an exceptional frontend engineer to help build our next generation Mobile Endpoint Security console. You'll be working with a small, dynamic team on a wide range of interesting problems from shaping the APIs we use to communicate with large-scale backend systems, to designing and building the front end for web applications that serve our delighted users. You'll be able to work with a range of technologies targeting the Web platform including HTML5, CSS-in-JS, React, Redux, GraphQL, and D3.
* Design and develop modern web applications targeting multiple platforms and devices
* Collaborate with designers and product managers to design, implement and maintain a clean and consistent user experience across all web consoles
* Iterate, iterate, iterate
* Write clean, well-tested and maintainable code
* Participate in continuous deployment using tools such as Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
* Mentor junior engineers
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
* Experience using React in production applications
* Strong software design skills and exposure to functional programming patterns such as pure functions, function composition and map/reduce/filter
* Experience writing unit tests with libraries such as Mocha, Jasmine, Tape, Sinon, Chai or Jest
* Excellent communicator and collaborator
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Great design sense
Nice to Have:
* Exposure to GraphQL in client or server environments
* Experience working with AWS cloud platform services such as S3, CloudFront, and Lambda
* Familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Redis
* Ability to quickly learn a wide range of languages and tools
Lookout is a provider of cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for mobile security for enterprises, government agencies, and individuals.