Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout's category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Requirements for this position:
* Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
* Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is highly desired.
* A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
* Reverse engineering
* Mobile devices and platforms
* Data analysis
* Scalable distributed systems design.
* A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
* 8+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed. production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
* Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery.
* BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Tools that you will work with:
* Primarily Scala, with some Java and occasionally Ruby (in JVM).
* iOS, Android, and their respective development toolchains.
* Graph and NoSQL databases including TinkerPop, JanusGraph, Cassandra, and ScyllaDB.
* AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, and a metric ton of EC2.
Lookout is a provider of cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for mobile security for enterprises, government agencies, and individuals.