Role Summary:You will be working on multiple projects in a cloud & data/analytics technical domain as a technical expert or internal consultant. You will work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of two or more specialized architecture areas. You will across multiple technical or functional domains.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will:
* Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future platform architecture direction across the data & analytics
* Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
* Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
* Participate in the business-wide Infrastructure architecture and domain governance model.
* Contributes to the development of software, data, and technology. Contributes to the designs and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
* Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
* Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment.
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelors Degree. STEM preferred
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in cloud computing & big data platform infrastructure
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
* Strong knowledge and experience in design and build of AWS cloud environments using AWS with strong Cloud Architectural with specific expertise in Big Data(Hadoop) systems which run 24/7.
* Strong understanding on Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure Architectures and Designs.
* Experience in planning, migrating, provisioning, configuring, patching, managing, and securing/hardening cloud systems.
* Proficiency in OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hive ,SPARK and KAFKA as well as configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt) and Cloud orchestration tools (e.g., CloudFormation, Scalr, CloudFoundry)
* Working experience in implementation of networking, storage and computing protocols and technologies
* Experience with developing and managing cloud software delivery framework, including Chef, Jenkins, and Github ensuring a stable application environment.
* Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
* Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
* Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
* Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
* Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
* Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning. Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Wauwatosa, Chicago;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.