Role Summary:The Cyber Security Engineer drives tier 1 security technology, practices, and risk management into the business product development programs. Closely aligned to product line managers, the engineer will manage product risk through validating threat modeling & control implementation, supply chain (supplier) risk management, and product specific assessments. This role will also support incident and vulnerability response execution and linkage back into the SDLC.
* The Cyber Security Engineer will closely align with the product line and Engineering organizations to manage cyber risk in the products Life Cycle (threat modeling, code reviews, supply chain, Cyber assessments and commissioning). This role will also support incident and vulnerability response execution and linkage back into the SDLC.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
* Minimum of 3 years IT experience, preferably within Identity Management
* Minimum of 1 years IT experience with Identity Management solutions
* Strong experience in an engineering capacity, particularly with Industrial Control Systems; optimally from the renewable energy or closely related industry. (ICS)Experience with product application and/or systems security or knowledge of the real-time design of industrial control systems
* Experience with interrogation tools such as Nessus, Burp Suite, and Scapy
* Ability to read and write software used for product security assessments in Python, Java, or C/C++
* Ability to decompose product architecture and design in software or hardware
* Ability to identify security flaws without source code through binary analysis, reverse engineering, or debugging running products
* Perform design and implementation reviews, vulnerability management, and incident response (Achilles, etc.)
* Experience in the energy industry, or with similar critical infrastructure
* Strong experience in an engineering capacity, particularly with Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
* Significant experience in threat modeling or cybersecurity requirements and design
* Expertise in one or more: network design, embedded / control systems, software design
* Fluency in English; excellent written and presentation skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
About Us:GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water - to power the world's biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New York;Schenectady, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, D.C.;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.